If you’ve ever needed a hearty, family approved recipe. This is it. All my picky eaters liked this and it was even delicious as leftovers. Just make sure you cover the casserole well as it sits in the frig until it’s all eaten. I love recipes that don’t call for many ingredients. This is big flavor with not a lot of work!
2 pounds ground beef
2 (8.5 oz) boxes dry corn muffin mix
1 can sliced olives (may be omitted)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 jar (16 oz) enchilada sauce
2 large eggs
2/3 cup milk
1/2 shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 onion diced (may be omitted)
- preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large frying pan, cook and stir ground beef. Add in onions, olives, salt, chili powder, and oregano. After the meat is cooked and onions are browned add enchilada sauce.
- In a large bowl mix both packages of cornbread mix with the eggs and milk. Makes sure it’s free from lumps.
- Finally, pour all your corn muffin mix batter over your seasoned beef. Spread the corn muffin mix into an even layer and top with cheeses. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Insert a toothpick to the corn bread layer and if it comes out clean, it’s done!
- Optional. top with sour cream and enjoy!
I’d love to hear if you made this recipe!