While we install so much more than Tile & Stone, it is what we excel in. Taking care of your natural stone does not need to be difficult. There are a few do’s and don’ts to know but basically you just need to use a cleaner especially designed for natural stone. Natural stone is very porous so the best way to prevent stains is to treat the surface with a protective sealer at the time of installation. I hope you find this informational and helpful! We love getting to serve our clients and want to help them protect their new and beautiful spaces.
- We will apply two coats of sealer, one before grouting and one after. It’s a premium sealer.
- Natural stone needs to be sealed to manufacturer specifications.
- Grout may stain or discolor over time. Follow the manufacturer instructions for stain removal. Pay particular care to the type of products recommended for cleaning.
- Quickly wipe up spills or they may stain your grout and some porous stones.
- Tile and stone require routine maintenance to retained the beauty and preserve their look. Sweep or use a vacuum (without a beater bar) to pick up dirt and grime. Dust and damp mop on a regular basis. Wipe off residue to avoid leaving a film. Avoid excess water.
- Place floor protectors under your furniture.
- We have certain grouts now that are stain and mold and mildew resistant. We will discuss all your grout options with you at our free consultation meetings.
We want the best for our clients! Omaha, we enjoy making you more beautiful, one space at a time.
~Phillips Tile & Stone Team