How is your January Decluttering Challenge going? I’ll post an update on how decluttering has really helped us, but I wanted to take a spin in a different direction for this post.
How’s the weather where you live? I switched over a tab and just checked. It’s -3 in Omaha. Anyone else dreaming of vacations and sunshine? Every flight email sent to my inbox is getting opened. I’ve got the travel itch bad. If a vacation isn’t in the cards for you in this exact moment, let’s focus on what we CAN make more appealing. Our homes…more specifically. Our bathrooms! Let’s make them spa worthy! I’m going to walk you through 5 easy and quick ways to make your bathroom a spa oasis. Shall we?
- Clear out the clutter! It’s an easy first step. In any spa you visit. It’s minimal and clean. There’s not a countertop of hair products, makeup and (if you have kids) bath toys. No! Take a trash bag in there and clear out what you don’t need anymore.
- Scrub! After clearing out what you don’t need and putting items away. Just clean. Scrub the tub…because guess what. You’re going to use it!
I promise the next three steps will be a tad more enjoyable. 😉
- Now that your area is decluttered and clean, let’s give it that spa feeling by bringing nature indoors. Whether you choose a hanging potted plant or a few stems in a vase, it’s your choice. Plants have a way of bringing tranquility to a space. So decided where your natural element should be and watch it quickly transform the room!
- When was the last time you bought new towels? If your towels are in need of updating, it’s worth the tiny splurge. Fresh, oversized towels are exactly what your home spa needs.
- Do you know what else a spa has? Candles. Lots of candles. Go ahead and turn off your overhead lighting and light some scented candles.
Consider scents like lavender, jasmine or vanilla for a calming effect and relaxing atmosphere.
Friends, these five fast steps will bring you a spa worthy bathroom we all crave. I’d imagine a hot Epsom bath with scented candles, pretty florals and soft spa like music can assist in melting away the winter blues and give you a good nights sleep. Spring isn’t too far off!
Until next time,